“When we started homeschooling, I felt as though I had tucked a child under each arm and jumped off a cliff. Imagine my surprise to discover we have wings!”
For those looking into home-education, Auckland Home Educators provides public Information Sessions. It’s a 1½-hour shortcut to your research into working out whether you and home education are a match.
- CHALLENGE your thinking on the meaning of ‘Education’!
- CONSIDER a lifestyle of discoveries, relationships, flexibility, freedom and fun!
- BE INFORMED about some popular misconceptions!
- PUT AWAY traditional and experiential views of ‘Education’!
- CLEAR AWAY assumptions and come with an ‘outside-the-box’ mind!
These one-off, relaxed, informative and confidential sessions are led by an experienced home educator in a group of up to 12. As we all did, when we first started, you’ll have lots of questions like:
- Why commit to this alternative?
- Is there a curriculum to follow?
- ‘School at home’ or much more?
- What kind of support is out there?
- Access to qualification routes?
- What about ‘socialisation’?
- What are the pitfalls?
And much, much more…
This is such an important parental decision to make, often at a stressful time.
We understand! This is the beginning of a marathon, not a sprint!
Central Auckland venue to be advised upon confirmation of registration.
There is now no cost to attend an Information Session.
REGISTER HERE FOR THE NEXT INFO SESSION
Wednesday 13 June
Any queries, please contact Michelle: firstname.lastname@example.org