“When we started homeschooling, I felt as though I had tucked a child under each arm and jumped off a cliff. Imagine my surprise to discover we have wings!”
For those looking into home-education, Auckland Home Educators provides public Information Sessions. It’s a 1½-hour shortcut to your research into working out whether you and home education are a match.
- CHALLENGE your thinking on the meaning of ‘Education’!
- CONSIDER a lifestyle of discoveries, relationships, flexibility, freedom and fun!
- BE INFORMED about some popular misconceptions!
- PUT AWAY traditional and experiential views of ‘Education’!
- CLEAR AWAY assumptions and come with an ‘outside-the-box’ mind!
These one-off, relaxed, informative and confidential sessions are led by an experienced home educator in a group of up to 12. As we all did, when we first started, you’ll have lots of questions like:
- Why commit to this alternative?
- Is there a curriculum to follow?
- ‘School at home’ or much more?
- What kind of support is out there?
- Access to qualification routes?
- What about ‘socialisation’?
- What are the pitfalls?
And much, much more…
This is such an important parental decision to make, often at a stressful time.
We understand! This is the beginning of a marathon, not a sprint!
Central Auckland venue to be advised upon confirmation of registration.
Special INFORMATION EVENING – open to the public
Thursday 8 November, 7.30 – 9.00 pm
Western Springs Community Garden Hall
(no need to register)
Any queries, please contact Michelle: email@example.com
Coming dates for 2018:
Wednesday 28 November
Monday 14 January (2019)