CELEBRATING 20 YEARS of
AUCKLAND HOME EDUCATORS
This is now full! We are unable to accept further registrations at this point. Keep a look out on the email loop for any change in notification.
MOTAT DAY – for free!
Join us for a fun day at Auckland’s Museum of Transport & Technology.
Wednesday 15 November, 10 am – 2 pm
plus free coffee/hot drink from cafe for parents
SCROLL DOWN for all the INFORMATION
and to REGISTER (at the bottom of the page)
To participate you must
- be an AHE member
- register on-line by Monday 11 September
- Parents are entirely responsible for their own children. All children must be accompanied by a parent (or caregiver).
- Families may choose one educational programme to participate in: Brave Hearts OR Fantastic Flight – see below. (If your children want to do different programmes, you must organise for each child to have adult supervision – either with yourself or to join in with another family).
- Because of the large number of students that MOTAT brings through, it is unlikely that we will be able to have lunch altogether as a whole group (though we have requested this). You will have lunch, and do all the activities with the group that you are assigned to. (If you have a family that you particularly wish to spend the day with, please let us know when you register and we will do our best to accomodate your preferences).
- Please only register if you fully intend to attend the day. (Do not register and pull out at the last minute – except for sickness/extenuating circumstances). The visit involves careful planning on the part of AHE and MOTAT. If you register, you must attend 🙂
Choice of two programmes:
BRAVE HEARTS (aimed at 9-12 year olds)
Learn about the structures within the heart and how they work together to efficiently pump blood around your body. Find out what the numbers mean when the doctor takes your blood pressure! What does that squiggly line on the electrocardiograph tell medical staff about the way your heart is working? Learn about diseases that affect the heart and spot the symptoms. Build a working model heart including chambers, valves and blood (simulated – not the real kind!).
FANTASTIC FLIGHT (aimed at 7-10 year olds)
How does an aircraft fly? What are the forces of flight? MOTAT’s Aviation Display Hall and its world-renowned aviation collection provide an exciting context for exploring flight. Students will discover the forces of flight while entering a giant wind tunnel to test the aerofoil they have constructed and will explore how the parts of an aircraft are designed for their purposes.
Once you have registered, we will be in touch closer to the time with a timetable and some important guidelines that MOTAT expects all ‘school visits’ to follow.
Not yet an AHE member? Become a member now! Join Here
Any queries, please contact Siobhan: email@example.com